The office is now open for limited routine eye care by appointment only. Appointments follow the strict guidelines of the CDC, COA and County of Santa Clara Public Health Dept.
Please continue to leave messages or request appointments through email, text or phone calls. ( Email is preferred)
email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/phone message: 650-618-4220
It is encouraged that as many services as possible and appropriate be delivered by tele-health/telephonic even after loosening of the Stay-at-Home restrictions to protect patients and health care workers.
The physical layout and flow of care delivery areas may change in terms of patient movement and waiting areas so that physical distancing is maintained; and there should be a process for determining the priority of types of services delivered.
Outline of Exam Procedures for Lisa Berkowitz Optometr
1. In-office exams require patients’ COVID related forms, use of masks and option of non-contact temperature readings. Office access is limited to the patient only, however children and those needing assistance should be accompanied. The office area and equipment are disinfected before and after each use. The office is fully equipped with masks, gloves, face shields, equipment shields and disinfectants.
2. Exams are carefully planned to limit time in the office. Tele-health/tele-phonic visits are offered whenever possible.
3. Lisa Berkowitz,O.D. speaks with you to determine your specific exam needs and concerns.
4. In-office appointments focus on your specific needs. Non-essential in-office tests are scheduled for a future date.
5. Exams include: vision histories online and/or by phone, tele-health/tele-phonic tests, online visual acuity screening and specific tests in an outdoor area of the office or from your car.
6. Appointments are scheduled to eliminate overlap. Patients should text, phone, or email when they arrive for an appointment.